“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”― John Lennon
If we all take the advice of John Lennon’s mom we will have a great start at being a happy person. She obviously understood that your life’s direction should begin with a healthy, positive attitude that starts with being happy.
Think about it. If you approach life with drudgery, despair and think only of your problems you will more than likely approach everything you do with the same attitude. So despite the how successful you believe yourself to be, you will not be because your general attitude about life is one of unhappiness.
Start and live your day with happiness. Here are some suggestions:
- Do something that inspires you – read an inspirational quote, take a walk, or watch the sunrise.
- Think about everything you have you are thankful for – your friends, your family, your health or whatever it may be.
- Smile at everyone you encounter – Say hello and ask how they are.
- Call an old friend you haven’t talked to in a while – reminisce about the “good ole days.”
- Tell those most important to you that you love them
Make happiness a habit and you will be a happy person.