Have you at one time or another heard a song played and then that’s all you hear in your head? It keeps coming back like some persistent gnat on a warm summer night.
A lot of times it’s that annoying jingle from a commercial, but sometimes it’s something that makes you smile or in some way lifts your spirit; maybe like Pharrell Williams’ Happy.
So like this song, is there something else bouncing around in your brain that won’t go away? I mean that one thing that comes to mind when you are daydreaming. That dream you use to complete the sentence: “I’ve always wanted to_____________.”
So what is it that keeps you just humming the tune to yourself instead of singing your dream out loud? Maybe it’s some of these things:
- Clarity – you haven’t created a clear picture of your dream. You see it as; “can’t be” and not as “can be.”
- Competence – you don’t believe you have the necessary skills & knowledge to make your dream happen
- Confidence – because you are unclear and believe you lack competence, all you see are obstacles and not opportunities
- Influence – without clarity, competence and confidence you can’t even convince yourself, let alone others
- Impact – you are not in a position to make an impact because positive results come from clear, positive beliefs